PART TIME STORE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Bushwick Food Coop is a member-owned-and-operated food cooperative located in the Bushwick/East Williamsburg area of Brooklyn, New York. As a socially and environmentally-responsible organization, we strive to work with farms and businesses that are local, sustainable, fair-trade, organic and ethical. We believe that bringing our neighborhood together around good food can strengthen community bonds, promote economic and cultural diversity, and increase overall health in Bushwick.
Our store is currently open seven days a week: M-F 9am – 9pm and Sat/Sun 10am – 9pm. We are looking to hire a Bilingual (Spanish and English) Part Time Store Manager
Store Manager Duties
- Oversee store during open hours and manage member workers
(Total hours will be about 20 hours per week)
- Oversee store openings, closings, and cleanup
- Oversee merchandising and store organization/cleanliness
- Assist with new member orientations
- 1-3 years work experience in non-profit and / or retail store
- Familiarity with current best practices for non-profit and social enterprise
- Proficient in Computer Related Functions Preferred (experience with Databases, Online Scheduling, Point of Sale systems)
- Availability to work about 20 hours a week, including weekends
- Must be comfortable lifting heavy boxes and bags up to 50 pounds
- Bilingual in Spanish / English
- 21 plus years of age
- Bushwick residents preferred
The Bushwick Food Cooperative is committed to offering a living wage. Hourly wage is $20 per hour.
Please provide a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com . We are seeking to hire ASAP, and applications are accepted until the final candidate is hired.
The Bushwick Food Cooperative Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve.